Want a vacuum cleaner for the cleaning of pet hair at home? In this review guide, we are going to feature some of the best stick vacuum cleaner for pet hair that you can buy on Amazon.
Table of Contents
Best Stick Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair Review
This new Xiaomi vacuum cleaner has managed to convince us with its good overall vacuum performance. During our tests we have been able to appreciate a beautiful overall design, very pleasant to use, from the screen that indicates the chosen mode and the battery level to its varied and practical accessories. It is worth noting its mode of cleaning with water and its particularly low noise level in operation.
Xiaomi G10, the best value for money of the tested models.
We meticulously inspect each of the pieces to evaluate their material quality and conception.
We also pay particular attention to the engine block and its ease of use.
Then we put its performance to the test.
We measure the noise level of each of the models in operation.
In addition to the center brush, we took the time to test each accessory.
Finally, we analyze its autonomy.
This model is distinguished by a number of advantages, such as its ease of maintenance, removable battery and an effective HEPA filter. In addition, its operation is especially quiet (64 dB at minimum power and 69 dB in mode boost). Very effective on smooth surfaces, it allows you to select two suction levels (8000 Pa or 15000 Pa) according to your needs.
Living up to the reputation of the Dyson brand, the V11 Absolute is a cordless vacuum that is both practical and efficient. It works very well both on hard floors and on carpets and rugs and automatically adapts the suction power according to the type of surface detected. Its autonomy can reach up to 60 minutes, double what we normally find in other models. Also, its LCD screen allows you to see the remaining autonomy and the activated power level.
This improved version of the Air Force 360 is distinguished by good ergonomics. In addition to its main head equipped with a row of LEDs that makes it a handheld vacuum cleaner, the flexibility of the handle allows it to be passed under furniture. With its high performance on all types of soils, it is equipped with a patented cyclonic technology in two power levels. The 0.65 L tank is completely removed for emptying. Instead, its autonomy is 35 minutes.
Our Picks For The Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners for Pet Hair On Every Budget
|Our pick, Best mid-range||Best cheap||Best high-end||Mid-range alternative|
|Xiaomi Mi Vacuum G10||Proscenic P8 Plus||Dyson V11 Absolute||Rowenta Air Force Flex 560|
|Very pleasant to use and with a low noise level, this Xiaomi vacuum cleaner presents an excellent quality / price ratio with its screen, three suction modes and a wide variety of accessories.||Thanks to its ease of use, its 1.2 L tank and its particularly quiet operation, it represents a good investment if you do not want to spend too much.||This vacuum cleaner shows good performance on all types of floors and has unrivaled autonomy. In addition, it is very comfortable to use and includes many accessories.||The best thing about the Air Force Flex 560 is its 90º folding handle that allows you to conveniently vacuum under furniture. In addition to its good ergonomics, it has very good suction performance.|
Rowenta AirForce 360: This multifunctional vacuum cleaner features good ergonomics and easily converts to a handheld vacuum cleaner. In addition, it offers a series of accessories specially designed for car maintenance and for vacuuming animal hair. This model, which works on all types of soils, is equipped with a patented cyclonic technology in two power levels. Likewise, its 0.65 L tank and autonomy of 30 minutes are part of the acceptable average for this type of appliance.
Xiaomi Roidmi F8 Storm: This model has a good autonomy, four filters (one of them HEPA) and various accessories (replacement filter, carpet and rug brush, round brush, etc.). It can be connected to a smartphone through its application and has LEDs that illuminate the passage of the main head. However, it is equipped with a magnetic wall station without an integrated charger, a small capacity tank (0.4 L) and a perfectible emptying system (which is why we have not finally integrated it into our main selection).
How We Have Done the Test?
As soon as we open the package, we focus on the design quality and in the practicality of the design.
We pay special attention to ergonomics of the engine block, taking into account its weight, but also its comfort in hand during use (especially on the wrist).
Another feature that we have analyzed is the easy emptying of the tank, as it is a task to be carried out frequently.
While the maneuverability the vacuum cleaner is an important criterion, our various vacuum tests have allowed us to assess the performance on various types of surfaces, namely hard floors, carpets, short-pile and long-pile carpets.
For this we use salt, rice and animal hair.
Each of the different aspiration modes had their own test. It was also a perfect occasion to measure the noise emitted by each device (according to the power level).
In addition to the main brush, we have taken the time to test the accessories supplied, including the storage station, whose robustness and design are not criteria to be overlooked.
Finally, we check your autonomy, the ease or not of evaluating the remaining battery level, the proposed recharging mode and the time required for a full charge.
How To Choose The Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners for Pet Hair?
Vacuuming isn’t the most fun activity in the world, but with a broom vacuum, it’s so much more enjoyable.
To distinguish the different existing models, and to reach a consensus when choosing the best stick vacuum cleaners for pet hair, we have relied on the following criteria:
- Power: It is the main drawback of broom vacuum cleaners. You need to compare the power of the appliance you want to buy with that of your classic vacuum cleaner, if you want to avoid unpleasant surprises. In addition, this question will not be posed in the same way: if you want to use this vacuum cleaner as a replacement appliance, in addition to your classic vacuum cleaner for a deep cleaning, or if you want to make it your only vacuum cleaner.
- Versatility: Its maneuverability allows a wide field of action. Effective on all types of floors, unlike robot vacuum cleaners, which quickly show their limits on carpets and rugs, they are usually equipped with various accessories, allowing it to go through every corner of the house. Some models can also become handheld vacuum cleaners, allowing you to easily tackle the folds of the sofa.
- Autonomy: Typically equipped with a lithium ion battery, it is rare that the vacuum cleaner can withstand more than 20-30 minutes of continuous use. In addition, some models lose a large part of their power in the event of a low battery. Rather, this criterion orients its use towards medium-sized interiors.
- Tank Capacity: They are generally much smaller than those of conventional vacuum cleaners, since they do not usually exceed 1L, compared to an average of 2 or 3L for the latter.
- Ergonomics: If you weigh more than 5 kilos, it can be a problem. Check that the vacuum has a good rotation mechanism at the head level, if possible with internal metal parts.
- Noise: It is not the quietest type of vacuum cleaner, since it is difficult for manufacturers to soundproof a device of this size without impacting its weight. The average hovers around 80 dB, but the Turbo mode is generally much louder.