Want a vacuum cleaner that can clean you carpet like a pro? In this review guide, we feature some of the best robot vacuum cleaners for carpet available on Amazon.
Table of Contents
Best Robot Vacuum Cleaner for Carpet Review
Despite the absence of laser telemetry, this robot vacuum cleaner can boast good suction performance on hard floors and effective obstacle management, provided they are large enough to be picked up by its sensors. Its functionalities are basic, but its BoostIQ technology, which adapts the suction power to the detected surface, offers scheduling and an automatic return to the charging station. In addition, it proposes five programs and three aspiration intensities.
The Botvac D7 is controlled exclusively through the smartphone, but it is accessible to everyone thanks to a very intuitive and easy-to-use application. It allows you to select the navigation mode, the suction intensity, but also to configure a series of No Go Lands (areas that should not be cleaned), among other things. The Roomba i7 + is a high-end classic that has seen its price drop by more than half, allowing it to take the lead in its price range.
This model proposes a well-made cartography that allows a methodical cleaning of its interior. Hygienic, it incorporates a full tank alert that automatically returns it to its base. This makes it especially suitable for allergy sufferers. After emptying and recharging, the vacuum cleaner resumes where it left off. The dedicated application allows, in a very simple way, the remote management of the different settings and programming. You can even do it by voice! On the contrary, it is louder, especially during emptying.
If you want to have the automatic emptying function, this robot is one of the most economical options. It must be said that this system exempts you from all manual intervention for several days, which can frankly convince those allergic to dust. Its navigation is methodical despite the absence of laser telemetry, its suction performance is correct (less on long-pile carpets) and its autonomy is quite remarkable (75 min.). In addition, it recharges automatically in its base.
Our Picks For The Best Robot Vacuum Cleaner for Carpet On Amazon
|Our choice, Best cheap||Best mid-range||Best high-end||Mid-range alternative|
|Eufy RoboVac 11S||Neato Robotics Botvac D7||iRobot Roomba i7+||iRobot Roomba i3|
|Despite its low price, this compact vacuum cleaner is very powerful and the thinnest and quietest of the selection. Its characteristics place it at the top of our classification and offers the best quality / price ratio.||It is its D-shape that sets it apart the most from its competitors. Thanks to it, it is more efficient in the corners, as well as showing good performance and a very successful navigation system.||It is one of the best of the moment. Connected, it has a complete series of features that increase the comfort of use, including an automatic discharge system at its base.||With this vacuum cleaner, the automatic drain station is no longer reserved for high-end models. However, to lower its price, the i3 + does not have a camera, which penalizes its management of obstacles.|
Blaupunkt Bluebot XEASY: Thanks to its 7.8 cm height, this vacuum cleaner slides easily everywhere. For an affordable price, it has good technical characteristics: autonomy of 120 min, 0.5L tank, 4 washing programs, HEPA filter, remote control app and automatic return to the charging base.
iRobot Roomba 960: Simple but effective, it has two rubber brush rollers whose cleaning capacity should be highlighted. The iRobot Home app is easy to use and allows you to program the different tasks of the device. It is equipped with DirtDetect technology, which allows you to spend more time in the dirtiest areas. Its autonomy is only 75 minutes, but after recharging, it returns to the same point where it left off.
How To Choose The Best Robot Vacuum Cleaner for Carpet?
Preferred to handheld vacuum cleaners, broom vacuum cleaners, and also classic bagless or bagless vacuum cleaners, robot vacuum cleaners have become increasingly affordable.
Due to technological progress in recent years, today we can find a large number of different models of robot vacuum cleaners, so the decision is not so simple.
For this reason, and in order to facilitate your choice, it seems important to us to distinguish three different navigation systems:
- Random Navigation System: Robot vacuum cleaners without artificial intelligence run on predetermined programs that should cover the entire room. They often have obstacle detection, but it is purely contextual: they do not memorize or anticipate their location. These models are usually cheaper, but also less effective. The robot will have to go all over the place several times before covering the entire surface of the room.
- Camera Navigation System: A vacuum cleaner with a camera uses a visual interpretation program to create a 3D map from the collected image. This is the case for several models published from 2015-2016. This technology is a breakthrough compared to the comic “wandering” of previous models, but it is not without its flaws. This interpretation is, of course, imperfect. Also, some smaller obstacles literally go under the radar.
- Laser Telemetry Navigation System: Imported directly from military and construction circles, laser technology is by far the most efficient to date. Thanks to a laser mesh of what is in front of him, the robot detects all the reliefs and obstacles. If the artificial intelligence is up to it, you can even record the cartography in your memory and learn the perfect route piece by piece.
Here are some other interesting criteria to consider when choosing the best robot vacuum cleaner for carpet:
- Sensors: In addition to the navigation system, a good vacuum cleaner must be equipped with sensors capable of detecting obstacles, but also empty spaces. This allows you not to collide with furniture or prevent you from rushing down the stairs.
- Suction Efficiency: It is important to verify the type of soils it is capable of treating. If the vast majority do well on parquet and vinyl, a carpet is not the same as a carpet. Pay attention to the latter, as in certain rugs the bristles could get mixed up with the fabric, or the cables themselves.
- Tank and Filtration System: This robot is a bagless vacuum cleaner. It is equipped with a manual emptying tank whose size is considerably smaller than that of other types of vacuum cleaners. Its use is easy. Regarding filtration, it is important that you act accordingly, especially if you have allergies or pets at home.
- Dimensions: Although it is advisable to remove all objects that may obstruct the passage of the machine, it is also necessary to check if it is capable of passing under the furniture, in this way, you will not have to adjust the height with each pass. With that said, please check the height and diameter of the appliance before purchase.
- Autonomy and Load: As it works without cables, autonomy is very important. Also, it is preferable that you do not spend too much time charging.
- RTH or Return to Home: This option is increasingly common in smart mobile devices, such as drones. In case of failure or lack of battery, they return safely and are responsible for recharging. Today it is a fairly standard feature in mid and high-end products.
- DNE or Do Not Enter: Materialized as a physical cord or a programming option, this option allows you to prohibit your vacuum cleaner from entering a certain area.
- Advance Programming: Almost all robot vacuum cleaners have the option of advance programming of the route, and this is one of the main advantages of this type of device. Programming is done directly from the vacuum cleaner through its screen or on the smartphone.
- Connectivity: On some robot vacuum cleaners, the options are available on the housing itself. In others, often more recent, manufacturers have chosen to migrate these options to a smartphone application.
PS If you are looking for a robot that also integrates the suction and mopping function, we recommend you take a look at our comparison.